Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bye Dublin

A quick post. It's a bittersweet goodbye. My excitement is building as everyone is blasting music from their rooms as they're all packing for Rome and frantically weighing their bags and planning on wearing like 5 shirts tomorrow to make sure they don't go over the limit; but at the same time, I'm sad that this is our last night in Dublin. And even though I'm ready to leave, I can't help but feel sad. The bus is going to pick us up around 8am for the airport tomorrow morning. We leave on an 11am-ish flight for Rome, but it's a connecting flight in Switzerland so it's going to be a day of traveling. I'm going to look like michelin man tomorrow at the airport. It's gonna be a pain to get through security, but I'm not paying a cent for going over the weight limit. When I flew to Dublin on American Airlines, the weight limit was 50lbs and my bag was 48.5lbs and I have no idea what my carry-on bags weighed; but when we fly to Rome, it's gotta be 44lbs (20 kg) and the carry-on has to be a total of 18lbs. I can hear people in the corridors (hallways) discussing what to do about the weight on their luggage.
So to finish where we began, we're having dinner tonight at the Porterhouse then pub crawling.

Goodbye Dublin you were awesome! Hope to see you again!

Some more Irish lingo:
Pants are underwear and combats are pants.


(I think I'm going skydiving in Italy! AHHH!!)

No comments: