Friday, November 21, 2008

My Twilight Review

Of course, as expected, the movie wasn't nearly as great as the book, but then again, when is it ever. I'm sleepy but I want to write my opinion on it while it's still all fresh in my mind. There's a lot I want to say. So I'm going to list... (and just in case I let some things slip, there might be some spoilers, so consider yourselves warned)

1. Sadly, there was a lot left out, like the part where she passes out from the blood in biology class and the airport scenes. It seemed kind of emptier than the book. I don't know if there wasn't enough of the fight scene or enough of the important information given in the book that made it seem empty... but I feel like there wasn't enough content in the movie, a bit disappointing. Even though the movie can't be EXACTLY like the book and they have to take some parts out, I think it could've been better.
2. I couldn't help squealing about Edward.
3. Did you notice Stephenie Meyer in the movie? She put herself in the movie in one of the diner scenes. She was the one with the mac in the diner.
4. Um... Bella is a horny slut, well I wouldn't blame her. I want to have sex with Edward Cullen too.
5. I even said this before watching the movie and it was true. They just revealed too much in the trailer. I feel like I already saw the whole movie from the trailer. There wasn't much that was new in the movie. They practically showed a glimpse of every scene in the trailer.
6. I don't like Bella's voice or Edward's that was not the velvet voice I imagined. I didn't like his acting in the beginning either. It was just too forced and he was overdoing everything. I mean, I know he's supposed to be really tense around her and stuff but geez. And at some parts, he needed to work on his American accent more (I don't know how to explain this), I kind of feel like that's why his voice wasn't so great, because he was concentrating too much on the American accent. He got better towards the end, but then Bella's acting started getting worse towards the end, the hospital scene, when she stutters.
7. Did you notice how he wore the same blue button down and grey jacket like three days straight?? (But I loved it on him.)
8. OMG I loved Alice!
9. Jasper barely said a word throughout the whole movie. How much is he getting paid for that?? lol Oh and come to think of it, Emmett too. What happened to the whole, "She's not one of us," saying from the trailer. I'm interested in seeing the deleted scenes.
10. I would say my favorite scene of the movie was the baseball scene.
11. So I finally know how to say Carlisle's name. haha
12. You could see all the powder make up on them.
13. I'm mad that they made Edward seem like he couldn't control it at the end, when he sucks her blood to get the venom out. But in the book, I remember him being able to stop himself and say something about tasting the morphine in her blood. They just totally changed that up.
[I think I'm done, might be back with more stuff. Things keep popping up in my mind.]
14. I absolutely hated the part when she walks off into the forest and does her little monologue about him. It was so cheesy.
15. I could barely feel/see the love/romance and the passion between them from the movie to the extent that it really is (from the book), and how amazing he truly is. The movie did not do him justice.

The more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed in the movie. I wouldn't buy the DVD nor would I watch it again, except once more because I told my sister I'd take her when I get back for Thanksgiving break. The book was much much better. Sometimes, I wish I could erase my memory of Twilight and read it all over again.

1 comment:

jessica said...

i love you Bora. i had so much i wanted to respond on your post because a lot of it was exactly what i felt even from the point of view of someone who didn't read the books.

i love your 7. 10. and 11.

and about Edward's voice, idk if i'm biased but it completely sounded like Hayden Christensen's impression of Bob Dylan in Factory Girl.

...aaand:
"4. Um... Bella is a horny slut, well I wouldn't blame her. I want to have sex with Edward Cullen too."

hehee you just wish you could Bella and be hornier and sluttier.
i jk, you know what i mean (: