Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Day After Halloween

(I'm gonna try to blog almost everyday.)

I spent my Halloween night in my room with my friends watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I didn't go out because 1) I didn't have any money for a costume and I didn't really feel like spending that much on a costume... this happens every year, 2) I'm a lazy bum, and 3) I had work the next morning at 7am.

Then the craziest thing happened at work that Saturday morning. So we had these decorations at work, which were like clear, glass vases, that we were throwing out. On Friday night, we put them away in boxes and the manager informed the sanitation company that it would be out there to be picked up. But they never ended up picking it up since it was still there Saturday morning. So my manager just decided to give it a little time and leave it out there just in case they came to pick it up later that morning. At 8am, it was still out there. Then at around 8:20am when my manager went out there to get the door, the glass was smashed all over the sidewalk and road. I looked like someone had ripped open the boxes, took out the glass vases and threw them around. The store is on the corner, and the glasses was on both sides of the corners, so it couldn't have been that some like hit it with a car. But all the glass was broken, not one vase was intact. Then this crazy lady was yelling at us. She was saying how the garbage shouldn't be out on that side of the corner to begin with because that's not where it gets picked up but my manager explained to her that we have a contract with our own sanitation company that picks it up on that corner and the lady was yelling back saying not to call her a liar then she started to complain about the big plant pots we have in front of the store saying that was against landmark regulations or something. She just kept yelling at us about all the glass and that we did this and how she had pictures of it all and we wouldn't get away this, saying that she was gonna call Mickey Drexler (the CEO of Jcrew). My manager then asked her to stop harassing her employees and then the lady just started screaming that she wasn't harassing her employees. Then my manager asked her to relax and then the lady just exploded and started to tell my manager not to talk to her, not to say a word to her. I was standing there laughing inside at this crazy woman. Yes lady, we deliberately put those boxes of glass out there to be broken on purpose so no one comes to our store. Halfway through this conversation, this guy and I were cleaning it up. While we were still sweeping it all up after the talking stopped, the lady just stood there and watched us and stopped every person on the street to tell them that we did this and that this store was owned by Jcrew. We're kind of convinced she did it. Lady, it's 8am in the morning... go home, go sleep, what is wrong with you. There's supposedly some lady who lives around there that always comes around to yell at us about something and complain like a crazy woman. If it was the same woman, one of my coworkers thinks she was having an episode or something. She was kind of psycho. So that was my Saturday morning, the day after Halloween.

No comments: