Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I have ADD...

So obviously, I went home to vote. I've only been home twice this semester compared to the numerous times I went home last year, practically every weekend possible. But now that I've found my comfort out here, it feels weird to go back home, but kind of nice at the same time. It feels like I've grown up and officially moved out, and now I'm going home to visit my family. Paramus still feels like home, but a bit of a distant home, like a place that once was my home, home to old memories and friends, but now my home was out here. And I'm not even quite sure where here is either, New York, possibly. I didn't think I'd feel this way so soon. I just feel like I've grown old for Paramus. The little changes that appear while I'm gone are increasing. But when I am back, it's a bit of a cozy feeling. I feel like I grew up there (Paramus), but I didn't, I just had my best memories there, made the best friends there. I feel like I'm not giving justice to my feelings in this explanation, but I'm sure some of you might understand what I'm feeling, or maybe it's just Kathy and me who feel this way lol.

Also, I recently paid my deposit for studying abroad next semester. It's official! I can't turn back now. I mean, I could but that would be a waste of $250, right?

I'm also really excited about Twilight!! You have no idea...

AND OF COURSE, BARACK OBAMA, OUR NEW PRESIDENT!! As Sarah said, "we're making history!" It is pretty amazing.

For some strange reason, it feels like last Christmas was a LONG time ago, not just a little over a year ago. So thus that makes me super excited for Christmas this year. Hm... what did I even do for Christmas last year? I can't even remember. But first, I gotta get through Thanksgiving. Honestly, I don't really like Thanksgiving all that much. Gasp, I know I know. It's just, it's kind of boring and a bit lonely, it's only my parents, my sister and me. My mom's side all live in Korea. It's just we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving the BIG family, everyone get together kind of way. I mean it's still nice spending time with my family. I like that. I love my dysfunctional family very much. But spending time with my family during Christmas is much more fun. I don't know. Just how I feel. I don't hate Thanksgiving. It's just not one of my favorites, that's all.

And omgosh, while I was home, since there's actually trees there unlike out here, I realized how beautiful autumn/fall is. When I got outside, the weather was so nice and still, the leaves on the trees were such beautiful colors, vibrant red and yellow, and some of the leaves were slowly falling to the ground, swaying from side to side as it fell. It literally stopped me in my tracks as I was on my way to my car to pick up Kathy. This is the nice part about coming home. It added to that whole feeling I tried to explain above. Okay, I should get some sleep and stop this random, pointless entry.

No comments: