Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break Reading

Slumdog Millionaire
(originally published as Q&A)

I read Slumdog Millionaire over Spring Break during the endless train rides from place to place. It was different from the movie in many ways, but then again, it always is. I liked it more than the movie so I'm kind of glad that I read it after I watched it, because I probably would've hated the movie for being so different from the book. But now I get to like both. It was fast paced and at the same time, it told the story perfectly. The chapters go in order of the questions so it's not chronologically in order. The ending is the best, of course, because all the holes between each story is filled and everything is revealed. I would highly recommend this book!!



Next book:
Good in Bed

It was another easy-read chick lit. The main character, Cannie, actually kind of pissed me off sometimes, especially towards the end. She just complains, keeps to herself, and is all depressed, kind of like Bella in New Moon. The main character has these insecurities with herself, her body image and being loved, which are all caused by her bad relationship with her father. But she was just so stubborn. I guess I just didn't understand her because that is something I've never been through. Of course, in the end, she finds someone and happy ending, but I also didn't like the way it all unfolds. I feel like her relationship with her father is still unresolved, which is what everything comes down to, or something just doesn't seem resolved by the end of the book.

No comments: