Friday, August 21, 2009

Second Chance

"'Having a shared history is something you just can't create with the new ones. No matter how much you like them, it just isn't the same.'"

I loved it! Liked it a lot better than The Beach House. It was pretty similar in the way that the narrator changes from character to character. But I liked it a lot... I don't know why. I guess it was more chick lit-y or maybe I liked the story line more; five friends who drift apart through time and a sudden death of one of those friends brings them all together again. I'm not exactly sure, but I liked it! I wanna talk about the whole book, each characters' story, but I don't wanna give anything away so you'll just have to read it for yourself. Well now I'm reading Jemima J, also by Jane Green, which my manager at work let me borrow after she saw that I was reading Second Chance, saying that Jemima J is the best. Well I guess we'll find out soon enough. I realized that most of the chick lits I read are written by British people and the characters are usually British as well... well, they write really good chick lits.

No comments: